Hygiene is very important in permanent make-up procedures to ensure the health and safety of both the client and the PMU specialist. Here are some important hygiene measures to follow during PMU procedures:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before starting the procedure.
- Wear gloves and change them regularly during the procedure to prevent cross-contamination.
- Ensure that the work area and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before the procedure begins.
- Use only sterile needles and disposable items for each client to avoid infection.
- Avoid touching the client's face or eyes during the procedure.
- Store pigments in a safe and clean place to avoid contamination.
- Only use high quality pigments and approved brands to ensure no harmful ingredients are used.
- At the end of the procedure, thoroughly clean up the work area and disinfect all equipment.
- Advise the client to follow the care instructions carefully after the procedure to prevent infection and other complications.
Did you know that Dmtbeauty makes cord sleeves (hygiene covers) available? These disposable covers can be used for permanent makeup and tattoo devices. Hygienic use of the devices ensures that allergies and contamination can be prevented.